A Glimpse Into the Class
Learn the Fundamental Concepts to learning to draw. We will explore proportion, shapes and combining shapes to create accurate drawings.
Line Is The Key To Powerful Drawings
Lines have been drawn in the sand, on cave walls, and various places throughout history. In this drawing class we explore the fundamental approaches and techniques improve your drawing by harnessing the power of line.
You Can Learn to Draw!
Drawing is a Learned Skill
People say to me all the time "I wish I could draw, but I don't have the Talent." The truth is drawing is a learned skill. Talent has little to do with it. Learn the approaches of great drawing with desire, belief, and determination! Do that and you will be amazed at what you will be able to draw! Join Me and Get Creative!
Learn the Skills On Your Own Terms!
This is a study at your own pace online learning class. Watch the pre-recorded videos and draw using the concepts that are taught. The more you draw the more you will learn. You can learn to draw amazing things!
What We Will Learn
- Drawing Lines
- Drawing 2D Shapes
- Drawing Cubes, Cones, Cylinders
- Realistic Drawing techniques
- Proportional Measuring
- Centerlines and Mirroring
- Construction Drawing
- Angle Measuring
- No Previous previous drawing experience needed
- Few Supplies Required for class, drawing pad, sketch pad, two pencils and an eraser.
- Open to Beginning and Intermediate students.
- Come to the Class with a Desire to Learn.
This is the Beginning Drawing 1 Class.
- The Wonderful World of 3D! (2:07)
- Templates, Show Me the Way! (4:19)
- The Foundation of All 3D Shapes, Boxes (25:04)
- Drawing a Box, Front View or Corner View (20:05)
- The Line of Sight (12:27)
- Drawing the Cylinder (26:15)
- Drawing The Amazing Cone (10:06)
- Learn to Draw Pyramids, It's Wonderful fun! (13:10)
- Drawing Warm-ups, Necessary Before Every Drawing (13:51)
- The Wonderful World of Proportional Measuring (30:56)
- Making Proportional Measuring Work for You (30:11)
- The Increment of Measure (15:29)
- Getting the Angle Right! (4:12)
- Proportional Measuring in Action (4:47)
- Using Centerlines to Keeps Things Straight! (18:17)
- The Power of Diagonals! (17:24)
- The Amazing Technique of Mirroring! (29:22)
- What in the World Are Contour Drawings!? (6:01)
- Rough Sketching, A Great Way to Prepare! (18:31)
- Setups and Handholds, Getting Ready for the Journey. (9:20)
- Starting the Adventure! Drawing The Still Life. (90:36)
- Continuing the Adventure! Finishing the Still Life Drawing. (66:32)
- Tips for Creating Your Own Still Life (10:17)
Hi, I’m Kevin McCain
The arts have been a part of my professional life for over 20 years. One of the things I enjoy most is sharing with students the insights to help them improve their drawing and painting.